Tuesday, November 24, 2009

First Gig - Random Pics

It was during 2003, if memory serves me, that I first set foot on the stage of the Winston. It was late on a Saturday night. DJ Roy (remember him?) was blasting a random heavy metal tune out of the oversized speakers and wildly strumming on his air guitar. Many, many quarts had been consumed by both myself and my friends and we suddenly wondered what it was like to perform live. Navigating over to the stage, we glanced around like a naughty bunch of school children before stepping up onto the platform and into the spotlights. This was it! The DJ pumped the volume and we started jumping around to our favourite System of a Down song. In our minds, we were rock stars, but in reality, no one gave us a second glance.I dont blame them. In hindsight, I realise that we probably looked less like rock stars and more like a bunch of sedated and disorientated walruses.

Little did I know at that point that almost 7 years down the line, I would be performing on that very stage with an awesome band. Finally, this walrus knew what it was like to perform a live gig.
Thanks to Chane, Chanya and Chirley for letting me live the dream.

Keep rockin'

Chwarren out...


Twenty bucks for two bands... what a bargain!


 Instruments - Check!
Set list - Check!
Bottom half of silver mannequin - Check!
Umm... what?

Time to start the rockin'...

We're jammin'...
Our support looked like he needed some support himself!    "You guysh... *hic*... totally rock... *hic*..."


No comments:

Post a Comment